Fall 2022 Scholarship Application
About the Scholarship: UNC Greensboro (UNCG) offers this program as a cooperative endeavor between the University & community colleges in the Piedmont Triad area. It is designed to acknowledge the leadership of our area community college presidents and the contributions of their students. This program has 2 components:
- Scholarship assistance for exceptional students planning to transfer from DDCC to UNCG this fall 2022.
- A waiver of the admissions application fee for eligible students. (Please note: if you have already paid your application fee to UNCG before applying for this scholarship, UNCG is unable to refund your application fee if you are selected for the scholarship).
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 29, 2022
Award Amount: $500 (up to 4 students can be nominated)
Eligibility Criteria: Students must:
- Have a minimum of 30 hours completed at Davidson-Davie Community College, with preference to associate degree recipients. (Please note: Credits transferred to DDCC from another college do not count towards hours completed at DDCC).
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for students transferring with a completed associate’s degree; OR minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 for students transferring prior to completion of their associate’s degree.
- Meet the UNCG admissions requirements for transfer students.
Selection Process A selection committee at Davidson-Davie Community College (including the President) will review completed applications after April 29 to make final decisions. The student(s) selected for the scholarship will be submitted to UNCG & will be notified in May.