1. This application is for students applying for a scholarship for either the spring 2021 or summer 2021 semester. Students intending to apply for a scholarship for the upcoming fall 2021/spring 2022 academic year must complete a separate scholarship application.
2. Scholarships for 2020 Fall & 2021 Spring have already been awarded to students who applied by the priority deadline of May 1st, 2020. Applications are now being placed on a waiting list & if scholarship funds become available, they will be awarded based on when applications are received.
3. The payment deadline for 2021 Spring 2nd 8 weeks courses is Thurs. Mar. 4th, 2021, by 5:00 PM; so if you don’t have any financial aid (such as the Pell Grant, NC Community College Grant, scholarships, or student loans) you will be dropped from your classes if your balance isn’t paid.
Application & Scholarship Information:
Scholarships are provided through the generosity of private donors or organizations in our community who support our students and programs. Some scholarship donors stipulate that preference be given to students meeting certain criteria, so please complete all fields of the application so that we can explore all avenues of scholarship funding for you.
Priority Deadline: Submit this application by May 1, 2020 to increase your chance of receiving scholarship funds for the 2020-2021 school year. (Please note: scholarships are awarded on a first-applied, first-awarded basis, so we encourage you to apply well before May 1st. We will accept applications after May 1st).
- For students who apply by the priority deadline, decisions for fall are typically made by the end of July or early August. Applications received after the priority deadline may not be reviewed until after the semester begins so those students will need to be prepared to pay their costs out of pocket.
- Enrollment in at least 3 credit hours, and a GPA of 2.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is required for scholarship consideration unless otherwise specified.
- Foundation scholarships are divided equally into the Fall and Spring semesters, and you must remain registered each semester in order to receive the semester award, along with maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA unless otherwise specified.
- Preference may be given to students not receiving any other forms of financial aid (such as the Pell Grant or NC Community College Grant)
You must have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for 2020-2021. If you have not completed the FAFSA at the time this application is reviewed, you will be dropped from scholarship consideration.